Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekly Recap - March 18-24

I have so many things to catch up on!! But it would seriously be the longest post on the face of the planet if I tried to do them all together...I doubt even my mom would make it to the end without getting bored! So I am going to just break it all up and start with last weeks running recap.  Exciting stuff :-)

Last week was the first week that I upped my intervals to 30/40.  The first mile on the first day was kind of hard, those extra 10 seconds felt like an eternity! But by the time I finished it was not that bad at all.  Also, the circus came to town and their tent was set up right along my running path.  I am NOT a fan of the circus.  At all.  Well let me rephrase...I have no issues with the circus itself, its the clowns I have issues with.  Issues as in they freak me out! So I am pretty sure that the part of my path that was past the circus tent was most likely extra speedy.  I needed to make sure I was going to outrun any clowns that happened to be wandering around (never mind the fact that it was only 7:00 in the morning, and I am sure all of the clowns were sleeping, I was still on the lookout!). 

So here are the numbers! The first mile is always the slowest because I just walk for the first 2 or 3 minutes.  I have considered just waiting and starting my Garmin when I start my intervals, but since I have always started it in the driveway, I figure it will give me a good gauge of how I have improved since I started. 

Tuesday:
Mile 1 - 15:51
Mile 2 - 14:41
Mile 3 - 14:21
Mile .05 - 9:35
Total - 45:20 minutes, 3.05 miles, 14:53 min/mile average

Thursday:
Mile 1 - 15:06
Mile 2 - 14:22
Mile 3 - 13:50
Mile .07 - 12:16
Total - 44:07 minutes, 3.07 miles, 14:23 min/mile average
Somewhere between Tuesday and every run I have done since then, the distance went from a consistent 3.05 miles to 3.07? No clue how.  I know I am starting and stopping my Garmin at the exact same spot, so I must be making some turn differently or something.  Its just funny how it had been so consistent, and then it changed, and now it is a new consistent.  Maybe the earth is stretching :-)

Friday:
Mile 1 - 15:23
Mile 2 - 14:01
Mile 3 - 13:47
Mile .07 - 11:36
Total - 44:05 minutes, 3.07 miles, 14:19 min/mile average
I moved what would be Saturday's run to Friday because I was going to  Disney on Saturday and did not want to have to get up earlier than necessary.

All in all not a bad week!  I am going to keep these intervals for one more week, and then on Saturday I am going to do 8 miles, and make sure I can actually keep them up for longer than 3 miles.  If I can, then I will bump them I think to 40/40.  I also need to throw in one more run day sometime soon.  Once I get used to waking up earlier three times a week, I want to wake up even earlier at least one of those days and increase the 3 miles to something longer...probably 5.  It would be nice to fit one in after work, but it is just getting way too hot, and it is only going to get hotter, so I may as well get used to morning running sooner rather than later :-) 

I totally skipped yoga all week.  I need to get back into that routine ASAP!! So that is going on the must do list for next week! 

Hooray for running :-)


1 comment:

  1. Great job. Seems like you're making a lot of progress.

    As for the warm up walk...Use the lap function on your Garmin. Once you've done your 2 - 3 minutes of walking, hit the lap button. That way your interval distance won't include the warm up walk. You can hit the lap button again once you start your cool down walk. It makes it very easy to see in Training Center what your pace was for the intervals that way...

    ReplyDelete