Saturday, March 17, 2012

Victoria Park 5K

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

This morning mom and I got up and ran the Victoria Park 5K.  I ordinarily avoid small races like the plaque...I hate feeling like a snail!  But its not too bad when its just a 5K :-)


The race winds through a local neighborhood and around a lake, so while there is no castle and no princesses, it is definitely scenic!  I finished in 43:23, which came out to just under a 14 minute mile pace. Slow!! I think maybe 10 people max finished after me (I am not sure how many people were actually running...I registered there, so I have one of the higher numbers, but I seriously do not feel like there were 1200 people there...weird).  In fact, right at the finish line a lady passed me and she was wearing Crocs! She did not even have on running shoes! At least it took her the entire 3 miles to catch me :-)

But the good news is that I kept my intervals the entire race, and even added on some extra running here and there because I felt like my run time was too short.  And it was faster than my morning training runs, and faster than every other 5K I have run...so lots of good! Oh and my Garmin actually decided to work through the entire race :-)  So this makes me very excited to jump the run time up come Tuesday!

I am now free to enjoy my green beer without guilt!! Or rather I can probably guiltlessly enjoy about 4 sips it, but hey I will take it!

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a great race with all those great things that went right!

    Hey, I'm a back of the packer and I can guarantee there's no shame in being back there. At least you're out there doing it!

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete