Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The best laid plans...

Today is a dud of a day! It started raining yesterday afternoon, which we totally need because I seriously cannot remember the last time it rained at all.  But dark and rainy days make me want to climb in my nice warm bed and cuddle up with a good book.  Which does not bode well when it is the middle of the day and I am at work.  So sadly I did not make it to yoga.  Which is a bummer because I love going, but was kind of nice because it meant that I could go home and get in bed much earlier than expected.  I should explain here that I am a total grandma in spirit.  My bedtime is super early, and I mean super early.  Well not like 7pm early or anything, but I do not ever make it long enough to see the 11pm news.  I do not usually make it long enough to see the 10pm news that comes on for the early to bed people.  The flip side of that is that I am also wide awake at the crack of dawn.  Unless my alarm is waking me up.  When the alarm goes off at 6am, I wish I could stay in bed all day.  Yet on Saturday mornings I have been known to be up, dressed, errands and grocery shopping done, and back home by 9am.  Disturbing I know.  I get it honestly though.  My dad is the same way, as is his dad, and the majority of his siblings, and a good chunk of my cousins.  We are freakshows, all of us :-) Just kidding, its actually kind of nice to be awake when nothing much is going on around.  Anyway, back to the story...So I went home and had a lovely dinner of leftover veggie tray from the Superbowl, and was in bed by 7:30.  Which was so nice, until I noticed an ever so slight sore throat.  So I took some medicine and read and watched tv for a while before falling asleep. 
This morning my alarm went off at 6:00 as it is a run morning.  So I typically drop off my clothes and shower stuff at work, and then drive to my parents house and run back to work, which is 3 miles.  Today however, when I pulled into the office at 7:00, no one was here yet.  Which is not the norm, but it was breakfast day and clearly they were a little extra chatty over their omelets (and this is random, but omelet is kind of a funky spelled word)  :-) So I just went to mom and dads and figured I would just run around their block and then shower and go to work from there.  However, as I was standing in the driveway, waiting forty forevers for my Garmin to locate the satellites, I realized just how cold and misty and damp it was.  So I threw in the towel and gave up for the day.  I am running the half marathon this weekend at 26.2 with Donna, and I really did not want to chance getting sick, especially with the sore throat I was already trying to get rid of.  Lame I know.
This was my first missed run since I have been back from the WDW half.  Its not the end of the world and I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but still.  Hopefully tonight at hot yoga I can sweat out whatever yuckyness is trying to make me sick, and get back on schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment